My Tunes

Monday, September 14, 2009

Bittersweet.

This is 2 year old Foxsun and a very pregnant me in 1988.
Photobucket

I would take William over to visit Foxsun from the very beginning.
Photobucket

Soon Foxsun became our only horse and remained so for 20 years.

Keegan and his baby brother.
Photobucket

The year William started Kindergarten Keegan graduated from high school and left home to start his career in the air force. And so William became our only child at home.

With our faithful dog Paddington.
Photobucket

William has always loved ducks....
Photobucket

... and cats.
Photobucket

William never was keen riding horses very much....
Photobucket

...but he found sheep closer to the ground and nice and woolly....
Photobucket
and so he just followed behind on dear Chloe.

And so William grew.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Explored our farm....
Photobucket

..and helped with chores.
Photobucket

Paddington became deaf and almost blind.
Photobucket


He met some good people, including two Washington State Governors and both of our US Senators. He even made a commercial with Senator Cantwell. Here he is with Gov. Lowery.
Photobucket

With two of his classmates, Lexi and Sarah.
Photobucket

He went to the Central Washington University for two years and then earned a place to study at the University of Plymouth in England........
Photobucket

He earned money working at CWU's theater department as a carpenter and paid for and arranged this all by himself!
Photobucket

and so on Sunday he left us and flew to London.
Photobucket

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WILLIAM.

(He's wearing his winter coat so he doesn't have to pack it. Half my boy's luggage was his beloved bass)!

The same day William left was the day Foxsun tried very hard to come into the house. I think he wants his room!
Photobucket

And I'm tempted to let him have it!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Foxsun looks so nice, plump, and shiny in his baby picture.

So, I'm turning 32 next week and I can really tell that my biological clock is ticking. Everytime I hear family stories and see pregnant women, baby pictures, and hear their wonderful stories, I get wistful and want one! And that is so weird for me! I am NOT a kid person, and I'd decided long ago I didn't want kids...but I think I've changed my mind, and I'm worried about getting older and not having any yet! And now I'm in vet school for 4 years! Hmmm. It was nice to read about your William.

Cheryl Ann said...

They sure grow up fast, don't they? Our son is 29, almost 30. We are lucky that he lives about a mile away, although he will be moving into his first house in a couple of weeks. HA!~Then it will be on my way to school! I'll get to stop by and see him after school.

Linda said...

Foxsun was gorgeous in his day! William looks like he was a sweetie. I'm not surprised that he wanted to go to England--it makes sense, but it's so far away. I have one son grown up and independent, and one who is on the verge at 15--and my daughter of course--who is almost 18. It's a mixture of pride and sadness for me--I'm trying so hard to enjoy the moments with the last two who are here with me. I'm just taking it ALL in. Wish there was replay button!!!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

William will do great, Arlene. I know its hard. None of our kids ever went that far away but it still is hard. Hope they get to the bottom of Foxsuns downturn.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, thanks mum, that means alot to me. I like the pictures too. Reminds me of how far I've come. Hope foxun gets better.

--William