My Tunes

Friday, October 16, 2009

More training.

Echo and I have made huge progress as far as catching him goes. Even on his worst days I can get him to face me then allow me to approach and clip his lead rope on. We have such a long way to go though. To get him ready for halter breaking I am working at getting him use to having a rope dangled about his head. (I put his breakaway halter on in the chute weeks ago). I have to go slow because he was very flighty and not to long ago my hair blowing would make him bolt.

He's not on the lead rope in these cell phone pictures. I had to rub the rope on my face and sniff it before he believed it wasn't a snake.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Echo is not head shy but is very frightened of anything touching his body. When the rope gently touched his body he was very nervous and ready to bolt. This is something we have to work on.
Photobucket

We are moving the cattle about to different areas to graze before they are put in the feedlot area for winter feeding. Dandylyons follows us then the other all tag along as well.
Photobucket

Wildairo may loose access to the pasture because I'm afraid he'll chase the cattle through a fence.

No comments: