My Tunes

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Echo where you've never seen him before.

I took Echo for a little walk into the corral that Sparkle, Mini Cow and Mini Me vacated last week.
He walked right through the gate like a well tamed boy and into the other corral.
Photobucket

It was very difficult to take pictures because he stuck to me like glue. I had to step back quick and take a picture.

Photobucket

He kept his face pressed up against me most of the time and his breathing was faster although he was incredibly quiet. I showed him there was grass beneath his feet but when he attempted to eat some the dreaded rope snake was there waiting for him so I had to pick the grass for him. He kept bumping my belly with his nose when he wanted me to pick another mouthful for him. I walked him over to the trough where the cattle were gathered on the other side and his breathing speeded up again. I really think he was having a good time.

Photobucket

I was picking up his front hooves...well trying to. I had him in a corner so he couldn't go back like he does when I lifted his hooves up. I had his foot up, having a quick look-see and I noticed his other hoof was up in the air as well. I explained to him the idea wasn't to stand on just his back legs but on three legs. He's so cute.

I tried to desensitize him with the rope but he gets so scared that I can't bring myself to do it. I know how to do it but I can't scare him even if it's for his own good. I have gone soft in my old age. I guess someone else will have to do it for me. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Funny--I guess you know you have his whole life anyway--what's the hurry?!? Sounds like he's making good progress.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Congrats on getting into unknown territory! He's so very cute.