My Tunes

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dandylyons enjoys herself.

I was out taking some pictures of the cows. This is one of Levin's daughters, her name is Pebbles.
Photobucket

I noticed Dandylyons and some of the other cows having a bit of a frolic with the bull....well Dandylyons is completely confused and was chasing the bull. She had her last calf was in 1996.

I opened the gate and thought I'd introduce her to Echo. Echo thought he'd chase her. It was so funny because she stopped and he thought she was going to let him have it with her back hooves like a horse would. He skidded to a stop and quickly back peddled staring in horror at her powerful back legs which he was in strike range of...if she was a another horse!
Photobucket

Dandylyons came into the building for me to hide her from crazy Echo.
Photobucket

Dandylyons in her safe house.
Photobucket

Echo lets her come to me.
Photobucket

Here Dandylyons is hiding behind Brad for protection. When she was a baby she was afraid of the cows because she was raised away from them and so when I would take her to see the cows she would hide behind me.
Photobucket

We move the herd, including Dandylyons to another pasture.
Photobucket

We noticed Wildairo has been keeping the cows from going too far to graze. He has become very good at keeping them in a tight little bunch so we fired him from his job as head cow horse...for now anyway.

I'm embarrassed to point out that is Dandylyons riding off into the sunset...and not with the bull. Like I said she hasn't had a calf since 1996 and there's a good reason for it.
Photobucket

She is totally confused.

No comments: