My Tunes

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Deer stalking, shopping with Teddy..

and cows in the mist.
Photobucket

Sometimes when I see deer in the garden - I stalk them. When they come out from behind a tree.. there I am with my camera. I enjoy seeing the look on their faces. It's usually early in the morning and so I'm in my bright yellow robe (dressing gown) and slippers, but the fright they get might be from what I look like first thing in the morning!

This guy came out from behind the tree and I was waiting the other side.
Photobucket

I was walking up behind this fellow as he snacked on my crab-apples. I got very close.
Photobucket

He never looked around until he was in the field and then he bounded off as fast as he could.
Photobucket

Teddy has been doing a lot of shopping with me. Here she is in the garden center at Lowes yesterday.
Photobucket

I have to be careful because if I push the cart too close to the plants she will bite them.
Photobucket

When we caught up with Brad and William in the boring hardware section, she was fast asleep.
Photobucket

I took Teddy to as many stores as I could and walked her around people in an effort to get her okay being around strangers. A little girl petted her and some other people spoke nicely to her. I wish I could give people bits of cheese to give to her. I took her to a scrap yard where there were a lot of men in hard hats. She was a bit frightened at first so I cuddled her and she relaxed. At the irrigation store, where Brad and William were getting irrigation stuff, two ladies who work in the office, kidnapped her for awhile. She's super good about being in the Jeep or pick-up truck now. I take her puppy food and water and she drinks and eats when she needs to and also takes potty breaks.

Teddy was born on April 23 2011, and she learned to sit on command a week ago. She also knows 'come' and 'stay'. That's pretty much all I know about training dogs so I'm going to have to learn more because she's very smart. She is almost completely house trained already! She has started asking to go out!!!! Are all Australian Shepherd's this smart? Do I have a pup genius? Have all the other pups I have had been slow learners? So many questions.

When I'm gardening Teddy helps me do everything...weed...dig holes for new plants and she will run all over the place with the empty plastic pots in her mouth. I bought a nice Angle Face rose and dug a hole for it, when I came back with the rose Teddy was in the hole furiously digging her way to China. After I managed to plant the rose and was watering it in, Teddy was trying to dig it up again, so I squirted her with the hose and she didn't seem to mind too much, in fact she was covered in mud and was so happy about it. When she's not gardening she likes to herd the chickens and ducks. She quickly learned that if she moves too fast moving our two ducks they will fly away. She doesn't chase the birds but herds them all over the place. They don''t seem to mind too much.

No comments: