My Tunes

Monday, July 25, 2011

Echo gives a saddle pad a ride.

The day started out hot and extremely windy. A wild fire started about 10 miles west of here and that was scary with the wind blowing so hard towards our place. It was so smoky! Then it rained and the fire and the wind died down. It turned out to be so very pleasant that later that evening and I decided to try something new with Echo.

Echo meets Foxsun's old saddle pad.
Photobucket

He was snorting at it and scared. I put it down on the ground and let him maul and bite it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

After awhile he seemed okay with it. And so I decided I'd put it on his back.
Photobucket

And Echo did what he always does when he gets rushed...................................................



he ran away.
Photobucket

He came back and the saddle pad was really staying on good....till it fell off. Echo never bucked.
Photobucket

I was getting ready to let that saddle pad have another ride when William showed up. He wanted to make sure I was okay. I asked him to take our picture. That's me giving the thumbs up as I rub the pad all over his back and bang it around. Notice I never put a lead rope on Echo and so when it was on his back he took off again. This time it slid off very slowly and when it did fall to the ground, Echo let it have it with both of his back hooves.
Photobucket

He was okay standing with it on his back and didn't mind me moving it around or banging on it, but he was uneasy when I lead him. We will have to work with that more.
Photobucket

He looks so small with William.
Photobucket

He did very well considering I never did de-sensitize him with bamboo poles, sacks and things. I will have to do that before I put a saddle on him. Echo gets so scared and puts his nose on my nose wanting me stop scaring him and to take it off his back. That's what he did when I first put he pad on his back. It was when I wouldn't remove it he ran off. I really enjoyed myself and I think Echo had a bit of fun as well.
Photobucket

No comments: