My Tunes

Sunday, February 21, 2010

First calf of the year.

I spotted a new calf in the pasture, the first one born this year. I had to leave Blondie in Tommy's good care for awhile.
Photobucket

The new calf thought he was well hidden behind this sagebrush :)
Photobucket

In my eagerness to take a picture I did a bad thing, it's not a good idea to approach a calf next to a fence because this happens.....
Photobucket

He almost went through and guess who was coming to see him...
Photobucket

I didn't want to find out what Wildairo would do to a new born calf so I beat a hasty retreat and the calf settled back down.

Here's the new mum...notice she doesn't give a hoot.
Photobucket

Before I left the animals in peace I just had to give Echo a bear hug. He tolerates it and doesn't move because he doesn't want to squish my toes. I duck under his head.......
Photobucket

and lock my arms around his neck and give him a cuddle.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a sweet calf. That Echo is much taller when I see him next to you.

arlene said...

I notice Echo looks taller with me as well. I think I'm shrinking and he's grown a bit.