My Tunes

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Muddy Season

The ground here is either very dry and dusty or snow covered and frozen solid.

But....every now and again we have mud! Lots of mud.

Bobby comes home after spending a few hours digging and wants to come in the house!!
Photobucket

She wants in bad and doesn't understand why I don't let her in.
Photobucket

She can let herself in by pushing down the door handle. Try as she might she can't get in because I have locked the door. She makes a mess of things trying to get the door open.
Photobucket

Later on Brad washed her off a bit and let her in.

Ducky Girl looks through the dirty door. She does this to get my attention.
Photobucket

I give them some food and water to wash it down. And 'like a duck to water' Ducky Girl gets in it.
Photobucket

The ducks are almost a year old now. They waddle off to play in the puddles and are really disappointed that the worms are not out and about yet.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I forget how adorable the pets on our farm are. You should throw that little dog outside more often, it'll toughen her up.X

nikki said...

I don't think I'd let her in the house either with all that mud lol but at least it looks like she had fun!!

I nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award". Yours is one of the main blogs that I follow and I always love reading about your critters and adventures.