My Tunes

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Dog Hike.

Yesterday William returned to England to continue his studies. The day before we took a walk on the bluff. Brad even joined us.

Here is William, Brad with Bobby in a choke hold and little Blondie at his feet.
Photobucket

Our other Airedale, Montie is old and deaf and was off chasing bunnies. How on earth do you get a deaf dog to come back?

It was a lovely day for a hike. I used my hiking poles which are a tremendous help for me. The Airdales raced around but Blondie kept with us until we scared a huge herd of deer. There were deer every where. Big ones, little ones some with big antlers some and with none. We must have walked into the middle of a deer convention. Soon as I thought the stampede was over, two little ones came running from the other direction. Talk about confusion.. I thought I was going to get trampled. Bobby gave chase for a little ways. I think deaf Montie must have been gazing the other direction and missed all the excitement. Blondie went missing for awhile and we all went looking for her. I was worried she'd fallen down a badger hole. She was okay though. She gets lost in the tall grass very easily.

Before leaving for the airport, William had to have a little last minute gun play. This is a Russian gun and was made in the 1930's. It sounds like a huge cannon when it goes off. If we ever get invaded I guess we'll be able to put up one hell of a fight, lol.
Photobucket

Bon Voyage William. We'll see you in the Spring.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Linda said...

The clouds are so dramatic in that first picture. Nice gun! Sorry you have to say goodbye to your boy until Spring. I'm glad you had summer with him though.

Unknown said...

I hope you come over here sooner than the spring!! My flat can sleep three people. I like that picture of me with the .30.... I'm puttin' that on facebook as soon as I can. I am three minutes away from a breath taking view of West-Yorkshire.