My Tunes

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bits and bobs and a bit of a mystery.

Teddy and I are both on steroids.  Teddy went from 50lbs to 57 lbs and I'm the size of a small garden shed.  I think I have acted much more honorably than Ted.  She's really let the team down.  See steroids makes you really hungry and some of us have slightly more control than others.  Also, steroids can make you just put on weight even if your a delicate little eater like me, lol.  Anyway, Teddy has taken to stealing food.  She ate a whole bunt cake and about 10lbs of cat food, among other things.

Here's greedy pig dog shopping.
Williamsept12

Look at her eyes light up when she spots the dog treats.  She was looking at me and looking at William with begging eyes.  If she wasn't in the cart she would have helped herself I'm sure.
Williamsept121

A few days later in the Home Depot it's a different story.  There's just boring un-edible things.
Williamsept125

Weak with hunger and bored stiff, she actually curled up and went to sleep.
Williamsept124

Latest going on's around here:  I sanded the varnish from around some windows and a door and re-varnished them.  I had lots more to do, but I got too tired.  It took days as it was.  The reason I have to keep re-varnishing is because of the cats.  The damage they do to wood work is terrible.  They also have a go at the furniture.  They are not as bad now they are getting older and I will think twice about getting another kitten.

I was taking pictures of my handy work...trying to get the light right.  When I looked at the pictures I was surprised to see various pets showing up in all the pictures.  I didn't notice them when I was taking the pictures.  It's like the unnoticed world of animals.  In one of the shots, Blondie is showing Tommy Two Tone her teeth as T2T gets too close to her rawhide chew.  (The pic was too blurry).  Max sits and watches everything.  Teddy drifts in and out of the shots, sniffing the floor in hopes the food fairy dropped something somewhere.

Here's T2T suddenly showing up in the middle of things!  You can see Blondie guarding her stash under the table and the tips of Max's ears by the doors.  Notice the corner of the rug that Teddy chewed off last year when she was a pup.  Pets!  More like PESTS!
P1020145

We drained my little pool.  It's just finished its 5th year here and was a real good buy I think.  I never thought it would last this long.
P1020127

William and Brad put it in the root cellar along with a box of freshly picked onions.
P1020225

You might be asking yourselves, "Why is she draining the pool before there's a film of ice on it"?  Well, tomorrow I'm going to do something very unusual for me (these days anyway).  I'm going on a bit of an adventure, alone and off the farm!  Now your wondering....Rehab?  The funny farm?  Jail?   

Stay tuned...................

No comments: