My Tunes

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lovely warm October days.

On these lovely warm October days I like to put the horse grain rations, carrots and apples in my back pack and go for a nice walk to see everyone.

Foxsun is looking better after having Pigeon fever.

Photobucket

His top line is still boney and his muscles are sparse, but he's on the mend. He wanted me to go with him to his little house so he could get his grain. Foxsun's forelock and mane stopped growing when he was two, so he looks like a bit of a dork because it's so short and stunted.

Photobucket

I had a nice visit with Dandylyons. She misses her horse husband. We did some girl stuff. She quickly learned that if she moved her head too much my BLM cap would fall off it. So she followed me around keeping her big old head very still.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I opened the little door so the chicks could venture outside for the first time. It took a couple of hours but one finally came out as the others looked on in horror.

Photobucket


After awhile 7 managed to be brave enough to come out and they were scratching around in the dirt like grown up hens, then a Red Tail Hawk flew over and screeched. The chicks bolted back into the hen house leaving just a little cloud of dust behind. I told them they were just a bunch of chickens.

Echo and I are friends again. I realized why he was acting like a jerk on Wednesday, it was because I was gone all day Tuesday at the doctors in Spokane. So, Wednesday he was cold towards me. Thursday morning he was nicer and we made our peace. Thursday afternoon I was fully forgiven because he wanted to 'step up' and do his 'fully trained' horse routine. Yes, he's really got eating a pound of baby carrots down pat. One day I'll train him to take them out of my left hand not just my right. Ha ha everything scares him. I let the empty plastic bag fill up with air in the breeze and he stepped back and stared at it with very big eyes. That's not the funny part though. While he was staring with his big eyes, head up high and nostrils flared, he swooshed a fly with his tail and when his tail came up over his back he whirled around to see what was attacking him! Oh Echo!

So much for being wild vigilant horses though. I walked right up to Wildairo and Echo while they were asleep and they never even woke up. Wildairo was down on the ground looking like he was dead and Echo was fast asleep standing up with his bottom lip hanging down. I stood right there with them. When I turned on my camera, the loud noise made Wildairo wake up, but Echo snoozed on. I yelled his name and he woke up forgetting to reel in his dried out bottom lip. Very unattractive.

Here's a rare sight; The two old men cats cuddled up together on a love seat. Ha ha BUSTED.

Photobucket

Max is on the left. He's about 10 and a Manx. He never hunts but likes to sit on peoples laps all day. Andy is on the right. He's 13 and part Siamese. He also loves to sit on laps but loves to do a lot of killing. He drags home rabbits even.

Here's an old photo of Andy with our pet rabbit. Everyone loved Bunnie Boy, even the Airedales.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: