My Tunes

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random thoughts and pictures.

I finally got a diagnoses on what is wrong with me. Yesterday the doctor told me I had Sarcoidosis, causing arthritis and soft tissue swelling, he also called it Granulomatous Disease. I can't pronounce it, so I call it Sarcastic Granny Disease because I am sarcastic and a granny. My muscles are weak and painful. I also have horrible (painless) lumps all over. I can't walk very well or far because for some reason my legs don't seem to want to go along in a regular fashion. My calf muscle never did return to normal after my ankle replacement in March. I take prednisone and hydrocodone for pain. I will also be taking gabapentin for nerve pain. Instead of a disease that makes me all lumpy, I'd have preferred one where I was all slim and stuff. Just my luck.

Here's some pictures of my 18 month old granddaughter, Amelia. She's a very cheerful little girl, I really love her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I kept 13 of our 25 chicks I bought. Brad gave the others away at work. They are about 5 weeks old now and so Sunday we put them outside in the little hen house. They had been living in my office. I was very worried about them getting cold during the night so I kept going out to check them. They are doing great. I haven't let them out of the hen house yet. Here they are today.

Photobucket

The mystery chicken is fatter than the rest. We'll have a lot of eggs the spring. Our 13 mallard ducks are locked up every night in the next pen.

Here is a picture of our blind cows calf having a snack on the lawn. He's the white thing in the background. He is allowed out to graze anywhere because his mother never had much milk. Poor Cowslip (his mother, named after an English wild flower) went down Sunday. Her legs gave out finally. She couldn't chew her cud anymore and is in terrible shape. She's very old. We take her food and water. I give her a nice rub down and tell her what a good cow she is. One day I'll tell her story.

Photobucket

I don't like Echo right now. I think he's become arrogant and disrespectful. It's a game for him to avoid getting touched because he started to back away and shake is head at me. He's taken advantage of me and he's a little creep for doing so. I gave Wildairo two apples, half a blueberry muffin and a kiss on the nose to make Echo jealous, like that 'good for nothing' cares. What Echo doesn't know is, there are other people in this world besides me who can straighten him out. I plan to have a pro to the job. I can't wait to see the surprised look on his face. For a wild mustang he's very hot blooded and high strung.

I put hay in Wildairo's bucket and then stood behind him and called him. It's funny to see him try to guard his hay in case another horse was to some how get into the corral and eat it for him. He turned around to come to me to eat the apple but kept looking back at the hay and putting his ears flat back in case some ghost horse was about to get into his hay bucket. He never saves any hay for later like Foxsun does. Foxsun's manger is full of hay most of the day because he likes to go for a walk about. Foxsun is putting on a little weight. His legs are fine and he's been seen cantering across his pasture. His coat is still dull and short. I wormed him again Sunday with the stuff that kills everything but the horse. The abscess's all drained out and have gone but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another one.

Here's Phoenix, one of William's roommates. He thought he was going to have a lot of fun being a tomcat and living with three college students, but he got fixed instead. He looks like a different cat here. He was just a crazy orange blur the week before.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Erika said...

Sorry to hear Echo being a snot head! They do that sometimes and he probably senses your not up to game and is totally taking advantage of that.
Make sure you get lots of pics when the pro comes out, be nice to see his lil wagon getting fixed and he behaves for you :-)