My Tunes

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I just put in a bid.

I did it! I just put a bid on #7915 in the on line adoption!!
My ankle is improving and so is my out look on life. My application was approved so the BLM didn't see my last blog of Wildairo drinking Budweiser. lol.

I think #7915 is a most beautiful horse. He's from Wildairo's herd and was captured about four days before Wildairo's lot so either he can't run as fast as Wildairo or he was hanging back with the women and children trying to protect them while Wildairo's wild bunch high tailed it.

He's 2 years old and listed as 13.3 hh which sounds perfect for me. As a yearling Wildairo was recorded as being 14 hh. Now he's about 14.3 hh. Does anyone know how accurate the BLM's measurements are?

I have contacted the Burns BLM facility to see if they have any trailers coming up this way that 'the horse with no name' could hitch a ride in. I have no way to get him up here, so if anyone knows anyone coming up this way after the on line adoption is over in a few weeks, please please let me know. I really want this horse.

UPDATE: I just talked to Wendy at the BLM. They are doing free hauling within 400 miles!! I'm so happy! Bad news is, she told me he was 13.3 hh as a yearling. Darn it, another tall horse. That's ok, that's why they invented mounting blocks.

My son, William asked me if I could handle another Mustang and I said, "The question is can another Mustang handle me"? lol

Burns

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

nikki said...

YEY ARLENE!!! Congrats! I hope that you get your mustang! How funny that he is probably tall too but you're right about the mounting blocks!

Are you 400 miles from the BLM holding facility? That is awesome if they would do that for you! They can be so picky on the type of trailer that you use and you wont know until you show up with it if they will let you take your mustang home. It just makes it easier when they can deliver the horse to you. Will you wait at home for his arival or drive to the facility to watch them load him?

I will be sitting on the edge of my chair anxiously awaiting updates! :)

Linda said...

Wow! Congratulations!! And, I'm also surprised that they'll haul for you--that's really nice of them. He's beautiful! This is going to be quite an adventure. :)

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

No Way! You picked my favorite out of the horses in the internet adoption. That is a NICE horse. Congratulations, I hope you win him! I can't wait to hear the outcome. I bet you're going to have a hard time waiting two weeks, and then however long it takes them to get him to you. I'd die of suspense.

They were right on with their estimate of Tonka's height. So you probably have another tall horse. If you decide you don't want him, I sure like him. :) Just kidding, I have my hands full. Too bad, I wish I could take advantage of the free hauling too.

arlene said...

Nikki,
I'm 357 miles from the BLM's Burns corrals. I was over the moon when they said they'd haul him. WOW! I'll stay here and wait for him but I'll mail down a halter and lead rope if I do win the bid. I'm really excited we're changing around our cattle corrals a bit to handle two mustangs. Once they are both Ok together and trust worthy around electric fences, I plan to put them in our horse pasture that has trees and a little old horse. It has become run down over the years and needs lots of work. We haven't used it since my older horse, Foxsun decided he was a cow and wanted to live with the cattle.

Linda,
I remember reading before that the Burns facility hauls within 400 miles when they have certain adoption events. I think I read too that if you see a horse you like at another facility, like in California, they can take him to Burns then up to here. I'm not sure about that though. I'm not going to push myself or these horses because I don't deal with stress very well any more and I'm supposed to be very careful with my ankle for the rest of my life. I just plan to enjoy them and see what happens.

Andrea,
When I read that you liked #7915 as well I got very worried because I started thinking other people might be thinking the same thing and they'll bid on him at the last minute. I have never watched one of these on line auctions before so I have no idea what will happen. I'm so excited and nervous. I have a beautiful and fitting name for #7915. I'll give it to him when he gets here. I haven't told Wildairo because I want it to be a surprise. Wouldn't it be funny if #7915 gets out of the trailer and Wildairo think's "Oh no, not him! I never could stand that guy". Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Stunning horse!! I love your comment about the BLM not seeing your other Mustang drinking the beer! haha. Thanks for the laugh, glad I found your blog. :)