My Tunes

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Male bonding over a beer.

It all started innocently enough. I asked Brad to get out his little pocket tape measure to unscientifically find out how tall Wildairo was. As you can see Wildairo is watching the tape very carefully and in his usual fashion he stands his ground. Brad estimated his height at 59" or 14.3 hh. Because wild horse mature later than well fed domestic ones, I think Wildairo will top 15 hh's before he's finished growing. He looked smaller in the pen when I adopted him and I prefer shorter horses because I have short legs.

Photobucket

Brad had just got home from work and was enjoying a beer. I suggested that he tried to bond a bit more with Wildairo because Wildairo acts leery of him. So Brad offered him some beer and my boy wanted to drink it!

Photobucket

From day one Wildairo has eaten everything I've given him so I shouldn't have been surprised he want to find out what was in the can.

Photobucket

While the poor old Clydesdale's are working hard hauling around kegs of Budweiser, somewhere on a ranch out west there's a lazy Mustang sucking down the suds and not doing a lick of work.

Photobucket

The BLM asked us what we were going to feed him but they never asked us what we were going to give him to drink! I told Brad if they thought we were getting this Mustang drunk they'd march him out of here in hobbles.

Disclaimer; There was only a little drop of beer in the can because Brad doesn't like to share his beer. I have a feeling Wildairo would drink beer given the chance because he seemed to love the smell of it.

I took a closer look at the photo and it looks like Wildairo's grinning! It's a little unnerving the way he acts like he's been drinking out of cans all his life. Who is this horse and where did he come from. ha ha.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Linda said...

Great pictures! He's a happy boy. I'm surprised he's so good about everything. He must be an extremely confidant horse.

nikki said...

How fun!!! I like the picture of him STRETCHING his neck out to sniff it while keeping his feet planted! My crew used to do that for hay when we first got them home.

He is such a beautiful horse! There's just something special about these mustangs. : )

Cheryl Ann said...

LOVE the picture of him stretching his neck out to get the beer! I better not tell my husband that horses like beer! Nah! He wouldn't share his beer anyway!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

That is so funny! He totally looks like he's getting a big ol' swig of beer there.

nikki said...

Oh I saw that horse that you are looking at! He is beautiful! That herd really has some amazing looking horses!

The blue roan I want (as of early this morning) has 3 bids on her already. I would like to go for her but my hands are full with my three so I don't think I will be getting any. I did find some other ones that I really liked too! lol too bad we can't have all the time and nice weather in the world to have a herd of mustangs! :)

I also found some horses in the Mantle Ranch section that are from Lost Creek (Shoni's herd) and Stewart Creek (Tabasco's herd) and I wouldn't mind bringing them home too! Maybe they would know my crew? How fun that would be!

Did you read the story on the home page about the mustang Magic who was adopting during the first internet adoption? I want to talk to her and find out how so got involved with therapy with her mustang. I would love to do something like that with mine when they are a little older. What a way to make peoples smile and to also promote mustang adoption!

Sorry I am kind of long winded today! :)