My Tunes

Friday, July 4, 2008

Wildairo's July the 4th

I think he would have liked it to have been his independence day, as in 'open the gate let me roam'.

He got extra carrots, apples and a little surprise, I squirted him with water while I was filling his trough. At first it really scared him and he thought it could have been the evil horse killer Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers trying to kill him like she wants to kill America's wild horse herds, so he tried to toss her in the muck where she belongs. He felt a little silly when he realized it was just water. He stood in the corner where the water could barely reached him. When I called him he turned to come to me and got splashed on his nose. He was a good sport about it.

Photobucket

It's difficult for me to take a picture because he likes to stand so close.

I asked Brad to give him a good scratching so I could take a picture of him enjoying himself. He's not all that used to Brad so he kept an eye on him. I told Brad, "You must remind him of the BLM wranglers and he doesn't trust you". Brad said, "But I feed him". To which I replied, "So did those BLM wranglers, then they cut his nuts off"!

Photobucket

He gets a funny grin when you hit the right spot. Soon as I walked up to him Wildairo left Brad and put his head over my shoulder. I put my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. He's come along way in the last two months.


Photobucket

Even though he had a splashed nose he wanted me to stay and play with him. He's just a little colt bless him and I find it very hard to leave him.

Photobucket

I went back out later with more carrots.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Ha! My girls (both mustangs) don't like water either, although Cali will let me water down her front legs! And, she got to play with the water when I put some in their trough today! She really had fun! Scout, uh-huh. Nope. No way!

Aren't mustangs wonderful?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Sounds like an excellent day to me! Love the lips picture!