My Tunes

Friday, August 14, 2009

Echo and me.

Echo continues to make progress. He's still reluctant to have me approach him in the big corral until I have have spent sometime with him in the small pen.

Last night instead of getting Brad to help me get him out of the big corral and into he alley, I waited till he was near the gate and shouted at him to go through and he calmly walked up the alley and into the small pen. He knows what I want him to do. I've been making my movements more exaggerated and he seems to be getting used to me. Brad and William came over to talk and Echo was very nervous to have three humans standing so close and he was very grateful for me to stand with him... like we were a team.

I had my cell phone and thought I'd try to take some pictures of the two of us. Echo wanted to get his nose in on the action.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I took about 20 pictures mostly of Echo's nose. Really though he was a very good sport about the whole thing.
Photobucket

When I let him out in the big pen he became very cheeky with me. He was bumping my hands for carrots and yawning in my face. In the small pen I'm only just getting him to move his feet to get a carrot.

2 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

You're making excellent progress with him. Good job! I love the pictures.

Kara said...

I bet it feels so good to see him letting down around you and trusting you! I know I get a high when I am able to do things with mine. The pictures really are great! I love reading about your progress.