My Tunes

Friday, August 28, 2009

TGIF

Foxsun wasn't feeling well today. He ate some carrots first thing then he didn't want to eat anything else. Mid afternoon I gave him about 12 crushed up Tums (antacids) made into a paste and a little while later he started grazing. I'm going to talk to the vet about this. He has become quiet the pet following us around. Brad doesn't have to use a rope to bring him to the house for his shot, Fox just walks besides him. He was following me around so close last night he followed me home and so I let him sleep on the lawn.

For the first time in a week I spent time with the mustangs. Wildairo just wanted to go out and explore returning to me for carrots. I gave Echo a whole bunch and petting and kisses. He's still not too keen on me approaching him in the big corral until I have soften him up in the little pen first. Next I plan on putting his halter back on and giving him some leading lessons. I have taught him to come to me when I call him to, so I'm hoping he'll catch on quick to halter training.

It's nice to pet a horse who is nice and fat.
Photobucket

Here are my little office friends.
Tommy Two Tone..
Photobucket
Photobucket

Muffin...
Photobucket

Poor little Muffin gets chased by Tommy. Everyone gets chased by Tommy. Max hisses at him though. Tommy grabs the dogs back legs as they are walking or leaps up and grabs them around their necks like he's a lion bringing down big game. The dogs love it and play very rough with him, which he really enjoys.

We don't let Tommy go outside alone because he's so fearless he'd try to tackle a coyote if he saw one!

1 comment:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Glad Foxsun is hanging in there. Poor old guy. Its tough to get old.