My Tunes

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day four of Arlene's Garden.

I've always wanted more shady places to plant shade loving plants. This Spring it occurred to me I could create some shade under some trees by asking Brad to cut away the lower limbs.

I planted a Rhododendron, Hosta, bright green Lamium and a Foxglove. I forget the name of the plant in front. I planted it a long time ago and it's been neglected. I'm not very good at remembering plant names.
Photobucket

Here I planted lots of ferns, more hosta, Bleeding Heart, and Sweet Woodruff. It'll look nice when it fills in.
Photobucket

Flintstone furniture. We have a lot of rocks and we try to put them to good use. Here is my throne and foot stool.
Photobucket

It is very big and heavy. Brad dragged it in behind a tractor. I enjoy sitting in the shade with a cat on my lap or a small dog. To the right of it is a Hosta I saved from the chickens by putting a wire cage around it. There were four other little plants I planted the day before that they scratched up.

Here's a side view of my throne.
Photobucket

I enjoy walking around looking at rocks and imagining what I could make of them. Much to Brad's delight, I usually forget where they are.

Here's my strawberry trough.
Photobucket

William put a net over it to keep the birds away from the strawberries. We all stand around the trough grazing.
Photobucket

Here are the chickens in lock-up. The ducks are to the left of them. The ducks don't wander far when they are let out. I think they can fly now but so far I haven't seen them do more than a few vertical take off's and some brief touch and goes.
Photobucket

There's the stone house that B.J. built many many years ago and my trusty lawn tractor/mower, which I'd be lost without. I kind of put a tarp over it.
Photobucket

No comments: