My Tunes

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day one of Arlene's Garden.

For the next five days I'm going to be giving you a tour of my garden.

This rock wall was built for me in 1996 by my dad, Colin Burridge who lives in Bedford, England.
Photobucket

I love it because beside being very attractive it's easy to take care of. Many of the plants re-seed themselves every year.
Photobucket

Sometimes they don't stay on the wall but find another place, like this crack in the side-walk.
Photobucket

Some of the plants growing are roses, California Poppy, Lamium, Viola's, Columbine and Alysium, which will look lovely when it grows over the edge.
Photobucket

Brad and William put in a trellis for my new grape vine.
Photobucket

I put wire around the little vine to keep deer from snacking on it before it has the chance to grow.
Photobucket

Day Two of Arlene's Garden tomorrow.




1 comment:

Linda said...

What an awesome rock wall your dad built for you--you have to keep that house in the family forever!!