My Tunes

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Echo gets wet.

Echo seems happy to finally understand something I'm asking of him. We have going in one direction circles down pat. I made it more interesting by putting down my bamboo pole about 6" off the ground for him to step over. I also sprayed water in one area for him to trot through. He went squinty eyed but went through the water so many times he was soaked on one side..

Photobucket

He's still convinced if I get my hands on him I'm going to eat him. I told him I've been a strict vegetarian for 34 years but he just blinks at me. I know I'll have to lure him back to the small pen to force the issue and I know it'll scare the little fellow. I'm going to use ropes and poles. I just don't want him to run into the fence again and bash his head like he did before.

I'm trying to get him as used to me as he can before putting him back in the little pen. I hope he'll get to realize with the water spray and such that new thing's don't hurt him.

Before I rope him into submission I plan to get him going calmly in the other direction. When I tell him 'whoa' he turns and steps towards me now. He's a pleasure to work with.

No comments: