My Tunes

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oklahoma

PHOTO UPDATE:
I had a very nice visit to Oklahoma. My son Keegan and his wife Nicky took me to some wonderful places. My granddaughter, Amelia, is so sweet and has a super sense of humor. I wish they lived closer. Keegan is a Tech.Sgt in the US Air force.

Here are some photos of my trip.

Some longhorn cattle.

Photobucket

Bison, at home on the range.

Photobucket

We stopped by a large army base called Fort Sill where they still use horses.
http://sill-www.army.mil/pao/pahafsec.htm

Photobucket Image Hosting

When I saw this sign I had to laugh because my horses are pets and I've always hand fed treats with no problems. After meeting these stuck up army horses I'm even a bigger believer in hand feeding.

Photobucket


Photobucket


They leave all the horses halters and lead ropes on the fence where the horses can get tangled in them. ????

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket

The horses were all business like, sporting buzz cuts (even their forelocks whacked off) and their name, rank and serial number (well just their number really) branded on their necks. Same side as our Mustangs.

Photobucket

When I saw my horses again, I told them they never had to worry about being drafted into the army because they were just a bunch of useless, fun loving, carrot addicts and the army wouldn't want them.

The buildings on the Fort were made from stone and were beautiful.

Photobucket

Most of the trees on the Fort were very lovely Post Oaks.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket

We visited the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. OKC also happens to be the new home of the Seattle Supersonics..Grrr.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a very interesting place. I enjoyed looking at all the old saddles and bridles that were on display.

I got home at 1am and the first thing I did was to say hello to my three horses, who all pretended to be very hungry.

4 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

It's good to see you're back. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Linda said...

What a strange philosophy--not petting or feeding the horses. Odd, isn't it?

Looks like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. :)

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Welcome home Arlene. Glad you got to see some things as well as to see your family.