My Tunes

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have the audacity to hope today.

And I feel like quoting Martin Luther King:

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man.

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!
But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!
Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Here is a picture of my sons taken a few years ago. William, 20, is in his second year at Central Washington University. Keegan, 33, is a airman (TecSgt) at a marine base in Iraq.

Photobucket

I have the audacity to hope that today is the start of better days for America and for the world and the children we leave it too.

I can't wait to see our local Mustangs in the inauguration parade!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

I'm hopeful, too! Have a great day! Your sons are handsome young men! I'll have to post a pic of mine...he's 29. How old are yours?

Reddunappy said...

I have been watching for them, havnt seen them, unless they were at the beginning, in that case our asshat news station preempted the parade to show breaking news about Portlands asshat gay mayor that had an affair with an 18 year old,and had to apologize and then have a long ? and answer session with the local news "who cares!!" grrrrr oooooo I was so mad and of course no good coverage on any other station!!!!! at least later we can go find them on the internet right?

arlene said...

Keegan was born in 1975 and William in 1988.

Boy, like that news couldn't wait. I found Cspan to have the best coverage. The other channels kept showing other thing's going on other that the parade.