My Tunes

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A nice weekend.

I had a nice surprise! Here's William with Tommy Two Tone on Friday!

Photobucket

I didn't expect William home till spring break but he came home to help his dad bolt his pick-up engine back in. He has no classes Monday because it's Martin Luther King day, so he is here for three days!

I helped Brad get the engine back in but I was too short to reach all the bolts. William did a much better job.

Here's Brad standing on the pick-up as we lowered the engine back in.

Photobucket

Our girl cat, Muffin, likes to sit in different places and have her photo taken.

Here she is trying to look pretty somewhere she shouldn't be.

Photobucket

Then she had the cheek to have a kip (nap) on my saddle.

Photobucket

I got her off and got on myself to see how my ankle was when I stood in the stirrups. It felt OK. 100% better than before it was replaced. My knees are very swollen/painful from the sarcoidosis and felt really useless for riding. Also I need to re-build the bone in my spine before I will risk riding again. I would love to be able to ride again and the thought of riding really inspires me to hurry up and get better. I'm taking low dose chemo meds to suppress my immune system and also some steroids. My immune system is attacking me and I don't like it at all.

Bobby was shouting (barking) at a big bird up on the bluff and trying to get my attention. I thought it was the Bald Eagle who has been casing the joint, but looking through my binoculars, I saw it was only one of the local Red Tail Hawks. Bobby is always on the look out for chicken eating birds.

Photobucket

When I went out to see what all the ruckus was about, I discovered a water pipe had burst near the old root cellar and water was going everywhere. Maybe that was what Bobby was really trying to tell me, lol.

Our rooster is going "cock-a-doodle-doo" in the mornings and even at night when I call the cats in. He must think he's died and gone to heaven living with all those beautiful girls.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your health, but time does heal things. I just counted this morning...it's been 5 months for me and my pinched nerve and now only my big toe is still numb! Oh, and my BUTT! Go figure!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

What a nice surprise for your son to pop in at home. Hope you are feeling well enough to ride again soon.