My Tunes

Friday, August 22, 2008

Echo is the opposite of Wildairo.

For the last couple of days I've been able to stroke Echo all the up above his eyes. For a few days he only let me stroke the side of his nose. He's very timid but has shown no signs of aggression like Wildairo did. Not once has he pinned his ears back or lifted a hoof as a threat. I am so glad because I don't want to go through all that 'who's the boss' again. He's very relaxing to be around.

I'm becoming very fond of the little guy. Before he got his halter off I could give the lead rope a gentle tug and he'd step up to me. He is so scared and he's really trying to be friends.

Wildairo is going to be sedated for his Monday appointment with the farrier. His hooves are so bad now that we can't take any chances of him misbehaving again. Although I've had the vet sedate my horses for many procedures I've never had a horse sedated for the farrier. Has anyone gone through this? My vet said that he'll still be able to stand on three legs.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Isn't it funny how different they can be?

Anonymous said...

I have sedated them before a farrier appointment, absolutely no issues. You aren't giving them alot, just a bit to take the "edge" off. Wildairo should still be coherent enough to know what is going on....don't worry about it. :) Afterwards, you can relax knowing that it is all taken care of.